Friday, April 6, 2007

American Idol : Antonella Barba, no more!

This week’s mentor for the Big Band theme was Tony Bennett. Bennett came over to the UK last year to contribute to the X Factor and I have to say that it wasn’t my favourite show. I’ve never particularly liked that genre of music and some of the songs choices had a dubious connection to the theme of the Big Band era. So let’s hope the American Idol kids make some savvy choices.

Blake Lewis was up first with a song I actually do love, Mack the Knife. Blakelicious looked cool and sang well, with no beat boxing or anything. Let’s face it, it’d be hard to rap during Mack the Knife! You know that I love my Blake so whatever he does is jus’ fine with me. Bald, googly-eyed Phil Stacey came on and oversang Night and Day. He really does try to hard and I think that particular song benefits from being sung softly. Paula thought he was reminiscent of a young Frank Sinatra, which astonished Simon who said the performance was gloomy and dark. And wasn’t Phil really sweaty after the judges bit, talking to Ryan? His whole head was just dripping. Eurgh, I can’t stand him.

Source: http://ageappropriate.blogspot.com/2007/04/american-idol-final-9-suffer-through.html