Friday, August 24, 2007

Lindsay Lohan to Face 1 Day in Jail

Lindsay Lohan is sentenced to one day prison in jail, 3 years probation and about $1000 in fines. She was also ordered to visit a morgue and spend time talking to victims of drunk driving.

Lohan, who is still at a rehab center in Utah issued the following statement shortly after her sentencing:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs. Today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case."

INSIDE EDITION spoke to Lindsay's father Michael Lohan on the phone. He says he believes she is now on the right path.

Lindsay must serve her jail time before next January, and says she is committed to conquering her demons and getting her life back on track.

"I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank god I did not injure others. I easily could have. I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career."


Read also wanda nara, noelia, beyonce, galilea montijo, britney spears, paris hilton